Maine-et-Loire (mĕn-ā-lwär) [key], department (1990 pop. 705,882), NW France, roughly coextensive with Anjou. Angers is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Maine-et-Loire from Infoplease:
- Maine-et-Loire: meaning and definitions - Maine-et-Loire: Definition and Pronunciation
- Angers: meaning and definitions - Angers: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cholet - Cholet Cholet , city (1990 pop. 56,540), Maine-et-Loire dept., W France, in Poitou, on the Maine ...
- Angers - Angers Angers , city (1990 pop. 146,163), capital of Maine-et-Loire dept., W France, in Anjou, on ...
- Saumur - Saumur Saumur , town (1990 pop. 30,150), Maine-et-Loire dept., W France, on the Loire River. Saumur ...