Linchuan or Linchwan (both: lĭnˈchwänˈ) [key], city (1994 est. pop. 192,800), N central Jiangxi prov., China. It is an agricultural and commercial center and a road hub, known for its hot springs. Barite deposits are nearby. The city was formerly called Fuzhou, Fuchow, or Fu-chou.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Linchuan from Infoplease:
- Fuchow - Fuchow: Fuchow: see Linchuan, China.
- Linchwan - Linchwan: Linchwan: see Linchuan, city, China.
- Fuzhou, city, Jiangxi province, China - Fuzhou Fuzhou, city, Jiangxi prov., China: see Linchuan.
- Fu-chou, city, Jiangxi province, China - Fu-chou Fu-chou or Fuchow,Jiangxi prov., China: see Linchuan.
- Jiangxi - Jiangxi Jiangxi or Kiangsi, province (1994 est. pop. 38,930,000), c.66,000 sq mi (170,940 sq km), ...