Johnstone (jŏnˈstən) [key], town (1991 pop. 42,731), Renfrewshire, W Scotland. Industries include flax and cotton mills in addition to engineering works. Chemicals, machine tools, and shoelaces are also manufactured.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Johnstone from Infoplease:
- Johnston: meaning and definitions - Johnston: Definition and Pronunciation
- Johnston Atoll - Information on Johnston Atoll — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities.
- Frank Johnston - Frank Johnston Age: 67 former Notre Dame football player and longtime CFL assistant coach; a ...
- Gabriel Johnston - Johnston, Gabriel Johnston, Gabriel, 1699–1752, colonial governor of North Carolina ...
- Mary Johnston - Johnston, Mary Johnston, Mary, 1870–1936, American novelist, b. Buchanan, Va. Her books ...