Isar (ēˈzär) [key], river, 160 mi (257 km) long, rising in the Tyrol, W Austria, and flowing NE through S central Germany, past Munich, to the Danube River. There are more than 25 large hydroelectric plants below Munich.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Isar from Infoplease:
- Isar: meaning and definitions - Isar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/isar - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Michael Georg Conrad - Conrad, Michael Georg Conrad, Michael Georg , 1846–1927, German critic and novelist. With ...
- Freising - Freising Freising , city (1994 pop. 38,180), Bavaria, S Germany, on the Isar River. Manufactures ...
- Munich - Munich Munich , Ger. München, city (1994 pop. 1,255,623), capital of Bavaria, S Germany, on ...