Fuji (fōˈjē) [key], city (1990 pop. 222,490), Shizuoka prefecture, S central Honshu, Japan, on Suruga Bay. It is an important communications and industrial center producing paper, electrical machinery, automobiles, and photographic film. Rice, fruits, and vegetables are grown in the surrounding region.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Fuji from Infoplease:
- Composite Volcanoes - Composite Volcanoes Composite volcanoes, sometimes called stratovolcanoes, are typically ...
- Fuji: meaning and definitions - Fuji: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mount Fuji - Fuji, Mount Fuji, Mount , Fujiyama, or Fuji-san, volcanic peak, 12,389 ft (3,776 m) high, central ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/fuji - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- First Snow on Fuji - First Snow on Fuji Author: Yasunari Kawabata Publisher: Counterpoint Yasunari Kawabata's ...