Denmark Strait, passage, c.300 mi (480 km) long and 180 mi (290 km) wide at the narrowest point, between Greenland and Iceland. The cold E Greenland current passes through the strait and carries icebergs S into the N Atlantic Ocean.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Denmark Strait from Infoplease:
- Denmark Strait: meaning and definitions - Denmark Strait: Definition and Pronunciation
- Breidha Fjord: meaning and definitions - Breidha Fjord: Definition and Pronunciation
- Isafjörður - Isafjörður Isafjörður , town (1993 pop. 3,524), NW Iceland, on the ...
- Breiðafjörður - Breiðafjörður Breiðafjörður , large inlet of the Denmark Strait, c.75 mi ...
- Tasiilaq - Tasiilaq Tasiilaq , formerly Ammassalik, settlement and trading post (1996 pop. 1,684), E ...