Chalcis, Greece: see Khalkís.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Chalcis from Infoplease:
- Khalkís - Khalkís Khalkís or Chalcis, city (1991 pop. 51,646), capital of Évvoia ...
- Chalcis: meaning and definitions - Chalcis: Definition and Pronunciation
- Euboea: meaning and definitions - Euboea: Definition and Pronunciation
- Euphorion - Euphorion Euphorion , c.275–187? B.C., Greek poet, b. Chalcis. He was made (c.223 B.C.) ...
- Lycophron - Lycophron Lycophron , fl. early 3d cent. B.C., b. Chalcis, Alexandrian Greek poet, one of the ...