Casco Bay (kăsˈkō) [key], deep inlet of the Atlantic Ocean, 200 sq mi (518 sq km), SW Maine. The bay, with its more than 200 wooded, hilly islands, has many summer estates and resorts. Portland, Maine, is the principal harbor.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Casco Bay from Infoplease:
- Casco Bay: meaning and definitions - Casco Bay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Portland: meaning and definitions - Portland: Definition and Pronunciation
- South Portland - South Portland South Portland, city (1990 pop. 23,163), Cumberland co., SW Maine, on the Fore River ...
- Freeport, cities, United States - Freeport. Freeport. 1. City (1990 pop. 25,840), seat of Stephenson co., NW Ill., on the Pecatonica ...
- Brunswick, cities, United States - Brunswick. Brunswick. 1. City (1990 pop. 16,433), seat of Glynn co., SE Ga., on St. Simon's ...