Bosworth Field, Leicestershire, central England. It was the scene of the battle (1485) at which Richard III was killed and the crown was passed to his opponent, the earl of Richmond (Henry VII), first of the Tudors.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bosworth Field from Infoplease:
- Bosworth Field: meaning and definitions - Bosworth Field: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/bosworth field - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Leicestershire - Leicestershire Leicestershire , county (1991 pop. 860,500), 832 sq mi (2,155 sq km), central ...
- Nottingham - Nottingham Nottingham, city (1991 pop. 273,300) and district, county seat of Nottinghamshire, ...
- Leicester - Leicester Leicester , city (1991 pop. 324,394) and district, Leicestershire, central England. The ...