Bei (pā, bā) [key], river, c.200 mi (320 km) long, formed by the union of two headstreams in the Nanling Mts., N Guangdong prov., S China. It flows S into the Xi River, E of Guangzhou, to form the Pearl River delta. Its entire course is navigable and was once an important north-south route; a road and railway now follow its valley. The name sometimes appears as Pei.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bei from Infoplease:
- A City of Sadness (Bei qing cheng shi) - Starring Sung Young Chen, Wou Yi Fang, Nakamura Ikuyo, Jack Kao, Tony Leung Chiu Wai
- Baden, city, Austria - Baden Baden or Baden-bei-Wien, city (1991 pop. 23,176), Lower Austria province, E Austria, on the ...
- Kibei: meaning and definitions - Kibei: Definition and Pronunciation
- Beira: meaning and definitions - Beira: Definition and Pronunciation
- Kabeiri: meaning and definitions - Kabeiri: Definition and Pronunciation