Aveyron (ävārôNˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 270,144), S central France, in Guienne. Rodez is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Aveyron from Infoplease:
- Aveyron: meaning and definitions - Aveyron: Definition and Pronunciation
- Rodez: meaning and definitions - Rodez: Definition and Pronunciation
- Rodez - Rodez Rodez , city (1993 pop. 26,794), capital of Aveyron dept., S France. It is a farm trade ...
- Rouergue - Rouergue Rouergue , region of S France, in the S Massif Central, coextensive with the present ...
- Millau - Millau Millau , town (1990 pop. 22,458), Aveyron dept., S France, on the Tarn River. The center of ...