Albacete (älbäthāˈtā) [key], city (1990 pop. 129,002), capital of Albacete prov., SE Spain, in Castile–La Mancha. Under the Moors, Albacete was a part of the Kingdom of Murcia, with which it was incorporated (1269) into Castile. An agricultural and transport center, the city is in a wine-producing region. Its products include wine, clothing, tools, and flour.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Albacete from Infoplease:
- Albacete: meaning and definitions - Albacete: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/albacete - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- La Mancha - Mancha, La Mancha, La , historic region of central Spain, in historic New Castile, comprising ...
- Hellín - Hellín Hellín , town (1990 pop. 25,094), Albacete prov., SE Spain, in ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Aisha AISI AISI steel aisle Aisne ait aitch aitchbone Aitken Aitolía Aius ...