Voyageurs National Park
Voyageurs National Park, 218,200 acres (88,340 hectares), N Minnesota. The park contains forested lake country noted for its sports fishing and glacial features. In the 18th cent. the region was a trade route for French-Canadian voyageurs (fur traders). Authorized in 1971, it was fully established as a national park in 1975. See National Parks and Monuments (table).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Voyageurs National Park from Infoplease:
- Voyageurs National Park: meaning and definitions - Voyageurs National Park: Definition and Pronunciation
- national parks and monuments - national parks and monuments. national parks and monuments. The National Park Service, a bureau of ...
- Minnesota, state, United States: Geography - Geography Except for Alaska, Minnesota is the most northerly of all the states (reaching lat. ...
- Minnesota - Information on Minnesota — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Encyclopedia: U.S. National Park System - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. National Park System.