Snyder, city (1990 pop. 12,195), seat of Scurry co., NW Tex., in a prairie and mesquite region; inc. 1907. Oil production is the city's main industry; natural gas is also refined and processed. Cattle ranching and farming are important; cotton, wheat, sorghum, and pecans are the chief crops. Feeds, apparel, and machinery are manufactured.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Snyder from Infoplease:
- Snyder: meaning and definitions - Snyder: Definition and Pronunciation
- Frans Snyders - Snyders, Frans Snyders, Frans , 1579–1657, most celebrated Flemish still-life and animal ...
- Tom Snyder - Tom Snyder radio and television personality Born: 5/12/1936 Birthplace: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Died: ...
- Gary Snyder - Biography of Gary Snyder, Pulitzer-winning Beat poet who wrote Turtle Island
- John SNYDER - John SNYDER (1793-1850) SNYDER, John, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born in Selinsgrove, ...