San Quentin (săn kwĕnˈtən) [key], peninsula extending into San Francisco Bay, W Calif., N of San Francisco. The state prison there was begun in 1852. San Quentin is the western terminus of the Richmond–San Rafael Bridge.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on San Quentin from Infoplease:
- 1969 CMA Awards - 1969 CMA Awards Entertainer of the Year Johnny Cash Single of the Year “A Boy Named ...
- Charles 'Kid' McCoy - Biography of Charles 'Kid' McCoy, Barnstorming boxer who may have been "The Real McCoy"
- Zoot Suit - Starring Daniel Valdez, Edward James Olmos, Charles Aidman, Tyne Daly, John Anderson
- Bound By Honor - Starring Damian Chapa, Jesse Borrego, Benjamin Bratt, Enrique Castillo, Victor Rivers
- Ladies They Talk About - Synopsis, rating, and other information