Rockland, industrial town (1990 pop. 16,123), Plymouth co., E Mass.; settled 1673, set off from Abington and inc. 1874. There is light manufacturing.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rockland from Infoplease:
- Rockland: meaning and definitions - Rockland: Definition and Pronunciation
- - Can't read file new-york/rockland-county/default.html
- New York: meaning and definitions - New York: Definition and Pronunciation
- New City - New City New City, uninc. village (1990 pop. 33,673), seat of Rockland co., SE N.Y., a suburb of ...
- Pearl River - Pearl River Pearl River, uninc. village (1990 pop. 15,314), Rockland co., SE N.Y., near the N.J. ...