Ozark (ōˈzärk) [key], city (1990 pop. 12,922), seat of Dale co., SE Ala.; settled 1820, inc. 1870. It is a shipping center for nuts and timber. Manufactures include aircraft, railcars, farm machinery, clothing, wood products, and fertilizer. U.S. Fort Rucker, the army's aviation flight training center, is nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ozark from Infoplease:
- Lake of the Ozarks - Ozarks, Lake of the Ozarks, Lake of the, artificial lake, 93 sq mi (241 sq km), c.130 mi (210 km) ...
- the Ozarks - Ozarks, the Ozarks, the, or Ozark Plateau,upland region, actually a dissected plateau, c.50,000 sq ...
- Ozark: meaning and definitions - Ozark: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/ozark - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/ozark mountains - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus