Owatonna (ōwətŏnˈə) [key], city (1990 pop. 19,386), seat of Steele co., SE Minn.; inc. 1854. Furniture, consumer goods, electronic equipment, apparel, and machinery are among the city's manufactures. Diversified agriculture, poultry, livestock, and dairying are also important. A bank designed by Louis Sullivan was built there in 1908.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Owatonna from Infoplease:
- Owatonna: meaning and definitions - Owatonna: Definition and Pronunciation
- Harvey Hull JOHNSON - Harvey Hull JOHNSON (1808-1896) JOHNSON, Harvey Hull, a Representative from Ohio; born in West ...
- Mark Hill DUNNELL - Mark Hill DUNNELL (1823-1904) DUNNELL, Mark Hill, a Representative from Minnesota; born in Buxton, ...
- Don Levingston SHORT - Don Levingston SHORT (1903-1982) SHORT, Don Levingston, a Representative from North Dakota; born in ...
- E.G. Marshall - Biography of E.G. Marshall, Lawrence Preston in the classic TV series The Defenders