Mill Valley, city (1990 pop. 13,038), Marin co., W Calif., a suburb on Richardson Bay, an inlet of San Francisco Bay; inc. 1900. It is a residential community set in heavily timbered hills and valleys; redwood trees predominate. Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary and an artists' colony are there. Mt. Tamalpais State Park is adjacent to the city, and Muir Woods National Monument (see National Parks and Monuments, table) is nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Mill Valley from Infoplease:
- Mill Valley: meaning and definitions - Mill Valley: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/mill valley - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Mount Tamalpais - Tamalpais, Mount Tamalpais, Mount , peak, 2,604 ft (794 m) high, W Calif., across the Golden Gate ...
- James Thompson McCLEARY - James Thompson McCLEARY (1853-1924) McCLEARY, James Thompson, a Representative from Minnesota; born ...
- Raising the Ashes - Synopsis, rating, and other information