Massena (məsēˈnə) [key], village (1990 pop. 11,719), St. Lawrence co., extreme N N.Y., on the St. Lawrence River; settled 1792, inc. 1886. Aluminum and aluminum products are the chief manufactures. Two locks and two dams of the St. Lawrence Seaway are nearby. Massena is in a summer resort area and has a state park. An international bridge connects the village with Cornwall, Ontario.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Massena from Infoplease:
- Massena: meaning and definitions - Massena: Definition and Pronunciation
- André Masséna - Masséna, André Masséna, André , 1758–1817, marshal of France, b. ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/massena - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Rivoli Veronese - Rivoli Veronese Rivoli Veronese , village (1991 pop. 52,683), Venetia, NE Italy, on the Adige ...
- Helvetic Republic - Helvetic Republic Helvetic Republic , 1798–1803, Swiss state established under French ...