Laurens (lôˈrənz) [key], city (1990 pop. 9,694), seat of Laurens co., NW S.C.; inc. 1875. Ceramics, motor vehicle parts, glass and fiberglass products, and textiles are made; livestock is raised.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Laurens from Infoplease:
- John Laurens - Laurens, John Laurens, John, 1754–82, American Revolutionary soldier, b. Charleston, S.C.; ...
- Henry Laurens - Laurens, Henry Laurens, Henry , 1724–92, political leader in the American Revolution, b. ...
- Ralph Lauren - Lauren, Ralph Lauren, Ralph , 1939–, American fashion designer, b. New York City as Ralph ...
- Laurens: meaning and definitions - Laurens: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lauren: meaning and definitions - Lauren: Definition and Pronunciation