Defiance, city (1990 pop. 16,768), seat of Defiance co., NW Ohio, at the confluence of the Auglaize and Maumee rivers, in a farm area; settled 1790, inc. 1836. Its manufactures include machinery and food, fabricated-metal, and glass products. Gen. Anthony Wayne built Fort Defiance in 1794. Defiance College is in the city. A Johnny Appleseed festival is held annually.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Defiance from Infoplease:
- defiance: meaning and definitions - defiance: Definition and Pronunciation
- Defiance - Starring Daniel Craig, Liev Schrieber, Jamie Bell, Alexa Davalos, Allan Corduner
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/defiance - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio - Starring Julianne Moore, Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern, Frank Chiesurin, Trevor Morgan
- Scythian Defiance - Scythian Defiance When Darius approached Scythia, an ambassador was sent to his tent with a bird, a ...