Cookeville, city (1990 pop. 21,744), seat of Putnam co., N central Tenn.; inc. 1854. It is a farm trade center that also produces transportation equipment, construction materials, clothing, and metal products. Tennessee Technological Univ. is there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cookeville from Infoplease:
- Cookeville: meaning and definitions - Cookeville: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/cookeville - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Wynne F. CLOUSE - Wynne F. CLOUSE (1883-1944) CLOUSE, Wynne F., a Representative from Tennessee; born in Goffton, ...
- Lincoln DAVIS - Lincoln DAVIS (1943-Â ) DAVIS, Lincoln, a Representative from Tennessee; born near Pall Mall, ...
- Tennessee, state, United States: Government, Politics, and Higher Education - Government, Politics, and Higher Education Tennessee has had three constitutions, drafted in 1796, ...