Bridgewater, town (1990 pop. 21,249), Plymouth co., E Mass.; inc. 1656. Manufacturing includes shoes and metal products. Its iron foundry industry dates from colonial times. Bridgewater State College and a state prison are there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bridgewater from Infoplease:
- Bridgewater: meaning and definitions - Bridgewater: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/bridgewater - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Runcorn - Runcorn Runcorn, city (1991 pop. 63,995), Halton, W England, on the Mersey River. It is located on ...
- Benjamin Winslow HARRIS - Benjamin Winslow HARRIS (1823-1907) HARRIS, Benjamin Winslow, (father of Robert Orr Harris), a ...
- Altrincham - Altrincham Altrincham , town (1991 pop. 39,528), Trafford metropolitan district, W central England. ...