pelota (pəlōˈtə) [key]: see jai alai.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on pelota from Infoplease:
- pelota: meaning and definitions - pelota: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pelotas - Pelotas Pelotas , city (1991 pop. 291,100), Rio Grande do Sul state, S Brazil, an inland port on ...
- Pelotas: meaning and definitions - Pelotas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Uruguay, river, South America - Uruguay Uruguay , river, c.1,000 mi (1,610 km) long, rising in S Brazil and flowing in an arc W, ...
- jai alai - jai alai jai alai , handball-like game of Spanish Basque origin. It is also called pelota. Jai alai ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Sports