talisman: see amulet.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on talisman from Infoplease:
- talisman: meaning and definitions - talisman: Definition and Pronunciation
- amulet - amulet amulet , object or formula that credulity and superstition have endowed with the power of ...
- A Talisman - Fantastic Fables by Ambrose Bierce 145 - The Ingenious Blackmailer The Ancient Order - 147 A ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/talisman - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Talisman - Talisman A figure cut or engraved on metal or stone, under the influence of certain planets. In ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Religion: General