sans-culottides (säN-külôtēdˈ) [key], the last five days of the year in the French Revolutionary calendar, thus named in honor of the sans-culottes.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on sans-culottides from Infoplease:
- Sans Culottides - Sans Culottides The five complementary days added to the twelve months of the Revolutionary ...
- French Revolutionary calendar - French Revolutionary calendar French Revolutionary calendar, the official calendar of France, Nov. ...
- The Gregorian Calendar—History - The Curious History of the Gregorian Calendar Eleven days that never were by Ben Snowden Related ...
- Encyclopedia: Days, Months, Holidays, and Festivals - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Days, Months, Holidays, and Festivals.
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: S - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "S"