instrumental, in the grammar of certain languages (e.g., Russian), the case referring to means or instrument. The Latin ablative may in some instances be termed instrumental.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on instrumental from Infoplease:
- instrumental: meaning and definitions - instrumental: Definition and Pronunciation
- wind instrument - wind instrument wind instrument, in music, any instrument whose tone is produced by a vibrating ...
- orchestra and orchestration - orchestra and orchestration orchestra and orchestration, an orchestra is a musical ensemble of ...
- John Dewey - Dewey, John Dewey, John, 1859–1952, American philosopher and educator, b. Burlington, Vt., ...
- Dewey: meaning and definitions - Dewey: Definition and Pronunciation