bacchae: see maenads.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on bacchae from Infoplease:
- maenads - maenads maenads , in Greek and Roman religion and mythology, female devotees of Dionysus. They ...
- Bacchae: meaning and definitions - Bacchae: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji - Starring Tisca Chopra, Shradha Das, G.K. Desai, Ajay Devgan, Ghanteshwar T. Guru
- Pentheus - Pentheus Pentheus , in Greek mythology, king of Thebes, son of Cadmus' daughter Agave. When ...
- Ancient Greek Literature & Mythology - Poets, Playwrights, Gods & Heroes - Infoplease.com - Ancient Greek Literature & Mythology Poets, Playwrights, Gods, and Heroes Read all about the ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion