Sputnik: see satellite, artificial; space exploration.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sputnik from Infoplease:
- sputnik: meaning and definitions - sputnik: Definition and Pronunciation
- The Dawning of the Space Age - The Dawning of the Space Age On Oct. 4, 1957, the Soviet Union put the world's first artificial ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/sputnik - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- 1950 – 1959 World History - 1950 – 1959 World History Atomic Bomb National Archives and Records Admin. Dwight D. ...
- Russia - Information on Russia — map of Russia, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.|Information on Russia — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Space Exploration