plough: see plow.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on plough from Infoplease:
- plough: meaning and definitions - plough: Definition and Pronunciation
- plow - plow plow or plough,agricultural implement used to cut furrows in and turn up the soil, preparing ...
- Plough - Plough Fond, Fool, or White Plough. The plough dragged about a village on Plough Monday. Called ...
- A. E. Housman: "Is my team ploughing, - "Is my team ploughing, That I was used to drive And hear the harness jingle When I was man alive?"
- Walt Whitman: As I Watch the Ploughman Ploughing - As I watch'd the ploughman ploughing, Or the sower sowing in the fields, or the harvester harvesting, I saw there too, O life and death, your analogie