Hooke's law: see elasticity.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hooke's law from Infoplease:
- Hooke's law: meaning and definitions - Hooke's law: Definition and Pronunciation
- Young's modulus - Young's modulus Young's modulus [for Thomas Young], number representing (in pounds per ...
- elasticity - elasticity elasticity, the ability of a body to resist a distorting influence or stress and to ...
- Robert Hooke - Hooke, Robert Hooke, Robert , 1635–1703, English physicist, mathematician, and inventor. He ...
- Robert Hooke - Biography of Robert Hooke, The author of 1665's Micrographia
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Physics