filariasis: see elephantiasis.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on filariasis from Infoplease:
- filariasis: meaning and definitions - filariasis: Definition and Pronunciation
- elephantiasis - elephantiasis elephantiasis , abnormal enlargement of any part of the body due to obstruction of ...
- tropical medicine - tropical medicine tropical medicine, study, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of certain ...
- worm - worm worm, common name for various unrelated invertebrate animals with soft, often long and slender ...
- mosquito - mosquito mosquito , small, long-legged insect of the order Diptera, the true flies. The females of ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pathology