fat: see fats and oils; obesity.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on fat from Infoplease:
- fats and oils - fats and oils fats and oils, group of organic substances that form an important part of the diet ...
- saturated fat - saturated fat saturated fat, any solid fat that is an ester of glycerol and a saturated fatty acid. ...
- Federal Obesity Guidelines - First Federal Obesity Guidelines: More than Half of All Americans are Too Fat Source: National ...
- Guide to Fats - Guide to Fats —by Eleanor Mayfield Source: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration Fats and ...
- adipose tissue: meaning and definitions - adipose tissue: Definition and Pronunciation
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry