deciduous plant: see tree.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on deciduous plant from Infoplease:
- tree - tree tree, perennial woody plant with a single main stem (the trunk, or bole) from which branches ...
- evergreen - evergreen evergreen, term commonly used as synonymous with conifer and applied also to all those ...
- perennial - perennial perennial, any plant that under natural conditions lives for several to many growing ...
- leaf - leaf leaf, chief food-manufacturing organ of a plant, a lateral outgrowth of the growing point of ...
- PLANT SENSITIVITY - Like animals, plants sense changes in their surroundings and respond to them. Plants are able to detect and respond to light, gravity, changes in temp
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Botany: General