Almagest: see Ptolemy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Almagest from Infoplease:
- Ptolemy - Ptolemy Ptolemy (Claudius Ptolemaeus), fl. 2d cent. A.D., celebrated Greco-Egyptian mathematician, ...
- Almagest: meaning and definitions - Almagest: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/almagest - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Almagest - Almagest The Syntaxis-megiste of Ptolemy, translated by the Arabians in 800, by order of the calif ...
- Pappus - Pappus Pappus , fl. c.300, Greek mathematician of Alexandria. He recorded and enlarged on the ...