Zebedee (zĕbˈədē) [key] [Gr., for Zebadiah], in the New Testament, father of James and John. His wife Salome attended Jesus.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zebedee from Infoplease:
- Zebedee: meaning and definitions - Zebedee: Definition and Pronunciation
- Salome - Salome Salome , in the New Testament. 1. Daughter of Herod Philip and Herodias. She is generally ...
- James: meaning and definitions - James: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saint James (St. James the Greater) - James, Saint James, Saint, d. c.A.D. 43, in the Bible, one of the Twelve Apostles, called St. James ...
- Saint Peter - Peter, Saint Peter, Saint, d. A.D. 64?, most prominent of the Twelve Apostles, listed first in the ...