Zadok (zāˈdŏk) [key], in the Bible. 1 Founder of a prominent priestly family. 2 One of David's men. 3 Grandfather of Jotham. 4 Sealer of the Covenant. 5 High priest. 6, 7 Builders of the wall. 8 Scribe. The last two may be the same.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zadok from Infoplease:
- Zadok: meaning and definitions - Zadok: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sadoc: meaning and definitions - Sadoc: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ahitub - Ahitub Ahitub , in the Bible. 1. Father of Ahimelech 1 and Ahijah 2. 2. Father, or grandfather, of ...
- Baana - Baana Baana or Baanah, in the Bible. 1. Murderer of Ish-bosheth. 2. Father of Heleb. 3. Officer ...
- Nathan - Nathan Nathan , in the Bible. 1. Court prophet in the time of David and Solomon. He announced the ...