Moore, Edward, 1712–57, English dramatist. He wrote two comedies in the sentimental tradition, The Foundling (1748) and Gil Blas (1751), but his reputation as a dramatist rests primarily on his prose tragedy The Gamester (1753).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Edward Moore from Infoplease:
- George Edward Moore - Moore, George Edward Moore, George Edward, 1873–1958, English philosopher, b. Upper Norwood. ...
- Kennedy: meaning and definitions - Kennedy: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ted Kennedy - Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, Ted (Edward Moore Kennedy), 1932–, U.S. senator from Massachusetts ...
- Moore: meaning and definitions - Moore: Definition and Pronunciation
- Patrick Joseph KENNEDY - Patrick Joseph KENNEDY (1967-Â ) KENNEDY, Patrick Joseph, (son of Edward Moore Kennedy, ...