wapentake: see hundred.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on wapentake from Infoplease:
- hundred - hundred hundred, in English history, a subdivision of a shire, first mentioned in the 10th cent. ...
- wapentake: meaning and definitions - wapentake: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wapentake - Wapentake A division of Yorkshire, similar to that better known as a hundred. The word means ...
- Leet - Leet (A). A manor-court for petty offences; the day on which such a court was held. (Anglo-Saxon, ...
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish History - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish History.