mikado (mĭkäˈdō) [key], a former title of the emperor of Japan used chiefly in the English language.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on mikado from Infoplease:
- The Mikado - The Mikado Music: Arthur Sullivan Libretto: William S. Gilbert Premiere: London, March 14, 1885 ...
- mikado: meaning and definitions - mikado: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mikado - Mikado (Japan, mi, exalted; kado, gate), is not a title of the emperor of Japan, but simply means ...
- Alfred Drake - Drake, Alfred Drake, Alfred, 1914–92, American singer, actor, and director, b. New York City, ...
- Love - Starring Sergej Trifunovic, Geno Lechner, Peter Gevisser, Didier Flamand, Eric Frandsen
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Japanese History