bluegrass music: see country and western music.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on bluegrass music from Infoplease:
- Alison Krauss and Union Station - Alison Krauss and Union Station So Long So Wrong Rounder Krauss rose to superstar status in 1995 ...
- Dolly Parton - Parton, Dolly Parton, Dolly, 1946–, country singer, songwriter, and actress, b. Sevier ...
- Doc Watson - Biography of Doc Watson, The blind folk guitarist with the distinctive flat-picking style
- Down from the Mountain - Starring Ralph Stanley, Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, Alison Krauss, Evelyn Cox
- Bill Monroe - Monroe, Bill Monroe, Bill (William Smith Monroe), 1911–96, country singer, musician, and ...