(Sam). Pickwick's factotum. His wit,
fidelity, archness, and wide-awakedness are inimitable.
(Dickens Pickwick Papers.)
Tony Weller. Father of Sam. Type of the
old stage-coachman; portly in size, and dressed in a broad-brimmed
hat, great-coat of many capes, and topboots. His stage-coach was his
castle, and elsewhere he was as green as a sailor on terra
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Weller from Infoplease:
- Weller: meaning and definitions - Weller: Definition and Pronunciation
- Thomas Huckle Weller - Weller, Thomas Huckle Weller, Thomas Huckle, 1915–, American microbiologist and physician, b. ...
- Gerald C. (Jerry) WELLER - WELLER, Gerald C. (Jerry) (1957—) WELLER, Gerald C. (Jerry), a Representative from Illinois; ...
- Luman Hamlin WELLER - Luman Hamlin WELLER (1833-1914) WELLER, Luman Hamlin, a Representative from Iowa; born in ...
- Ovington Eugene WELLER - Ovington Eugene WELLER (1862-1947) Senate Years of Service: 1921-1927 Party: Republican WELLER, ...