Up to the Mark
In good condition of health; well skilled in proposed work. “Not up to the mark” means a cup too low, or not sufficiently skilled.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Up to the Mark from Infoplease:
- Up to the Mark - Up to the Mark In good condition of health; well skilled in proposed work. “Not up to the ...
- milepost: meaning and definitions - milepost: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High - Starring Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates, Ray Walston
- High School High - Starring Jon Lovitz, Tia Carrere, Louise Fletcher, Mekhi Phifer, Malinda Williams
- Hermæ - Hermæ Busts of the god Hermes affixed to a quadrangular stone pillar, diminishing towards the ...