or Unlicked Cub. A loutish, unmannerly youth. According
to tradition, the bear cub is misshapen and imperfect till its dam has
licked it into form.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Unlicked from Infoplease:
- unlicked: meaning and definitions - unlicked: Definition and Pronunciation
- Unlicked - Unlicked or Unlicked Cub. A loutish, unmannerly youth. According to tradition, the bear cub is ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index unearned unearned income unearned increment unearned run unearth unearthly uneasy ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: U - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "U"
- Bear - Bear (A). (Stock Exchange), a fall, or a speculator for a fall. To operate for a bear. To realise a ...