(Stock-Exchange term), meaning “English and Australian copper
shares.” (See Stock-Exchange Slang.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Smelts from Infoplease:
- smelting - smelting smelting, in metallurgy, any process of melting or fusion, especially to extract a metal ...
- smelt - smelt smelt, common name for a small, slender fish of the family Osmeridae, closely allied to the ...
- smelt: meaning and definitions - smelt: Definition and Pronunciation
- surf smelt: meaning and definitions - surf smelt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dennis SMELT - Dennis SMELT (1750Â ) SMELT, Dennis, a Representative from Georgia; born near Savannah, Ga., ...