Porcelain of fine quality, made at the French government works
at Sevres. Chiefly of a delicate kind, for ornament rather than use.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sevres Ware from Infoplease:
- Sèvres ware - Sèvres ware Sèvres ware, porcelain made in France by the royal (now national) ...
- Sevres Ware - Sevres Ware Porcelain of fine quality, made at the French government works at Sevres. Chiefly of a ...
- bleu-de-roi: meaning and definitions - bleu-de-roi: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sèvres - Sèvres Sèvres , town (1990 pop. 22,057), Hauts-de-Seine dept., N central France, on ...
- Louis period styles: Louis XV - Louis XV The Louis XV [Louis Quinze] (1723–74) style was characterized by free curves and the ...