The six old schools: Eton, Harrow, Winchester, Charterhouse,
Westminster, and Rugby. Some add St. Paul's, Merchant Taylors', and
The six modern schools:
Marlborough, Wellington, Clifton, Cheltenham, Repton, and
Haileybury. Charterhouse has been removed to the hills of Surrey.
St. Paul's has migrated to the West End.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Schools from Infoplease:
- Back to School by the Numbers - Back to School by the Numbers
- Sunday school - Sunday school Sunday school, institution for instruction in religion and morals, usually conducted ...
- Drugs and Violence on School Property - Drugs and Violence on Campus How safe are our schools? by Ricco Villanueva Siasoco Related Links ...
- school - school school, term commonly referring to institutions of pre-college formal education. It also ...
- School Safety - Columbine in Mind Tighter security for schools by Ricco Villanueva Siasoco As a precaution against ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring