(2 syl.). One who lives in a wood (Greek, hule, a
forest; Latin, silva; Spanish, salvage; Italian, selvaggio; French, sauvage).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Savage from Infoplease:
- savage: meaning and definitions - savage: Definition and Pronunciation
- Richard Savage - Savage, Richard Savage, Richard, 1697?–1743, English poet. The now discredited story of his ...
- Minot Judson Savage - Savage, Minot Judson Savage, Minot Judson , 1841–1918, American Unitarian clergyman and ...
- Fred Savage - Fred Savage actor Born: 7/9/1976 Birthplace: Highland Park, Illinois As a juvenile actor, Savage ...
- Savage's Station: meaning and definitions - Savage's Station: Definition and Pronunciation