A seaport on the west coast of Morocco. The inhabitants were
formerly notorious for their piracy.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Sallee from Infoplease:
- Sallee - Sallee A seaport on the west coast of Morocco. The inhabitants were formerly notorious for their ...
- Salé, city, Morocco - Salé Salé , Arab. Sla, city (1994 pop. 579,850), NW Morocco, near Rabat. It has ...
- The History of the Old Woman - Candideby Voltaire In What Distress Candide, Cun... The Adventures of the Old Wom... The History of ...
- 1903–1920 - 1903–1920 1903— Boston A.L. 5 (Jimmy Collins); Pittsburgh N.L. 3 (Fred Clarke). ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: S - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "S"